& Juliet Giveaway Terms and Conditions
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES (THE “RULES”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, COMMONWEALTHS, AND PUERTO RICO)
- ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Creative Goods (Sponsor) and the Broadway production of & JULIET, its distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising agencies and promotion agencies, members of their immediate families and persons residing in their homes, and employees of a manufacturer of an item included in the prize are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law or regulation. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Entries for the first month of the sweepstakes will be accepted online or via mail starting on or about February 14, 2024 and ending February 29, 2024. All automatically entered or mail-in entries must be received by February 29, 2024, 11:59PM EST. The sweepstakes will repeat monthly through June 2024. Following the first month of the sweepstakes, entries for a given month will be accepted online or via mail starting on the first of that month and ending on the last day of that month. All automatically entered or mail-in entries must be received by 11:59PM EST on the last day of the month to be eligible for that month’s prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two methods of entry: (a) Purchase any & JULIET merchandise item at one of the merchandise stands in the Stephen Sondheim Theatre located at 124 W. 43rd St, New York, NY 10036 when you are there to see the Broadway production of & JULIET and receive a card featuring a QR code. Follow the QR code to a website with a survey. Complete the survey and you are automatically entered into the Creative Goods & JULIET Monthly Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) to win a prize pack including various merchandise items from the & Juliet line. Each month’s sweepstakes ends on the final day of that month. If you do not want to be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes, please send an “opt-out” e-mail to email@example.com no later than 11:59PM EST on the second to last day of the month; or alternatively, (b) If you are not seeing & JULIET on Broadway and/or do not want to purchase an & JULIET merchandise item from one of the merchandise booths at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre, but still want to enter the Sweepstakes, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending a letter or postcard addressed to Creative Goods, & JULIET Monthly Sweepstakes, 213 W. 40th St, 6th Fl. New York, NY 10018; and include your name, email address, and physical address. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person and purchasing more than one merchandise item will not give any entrant multiple entries. All entries are treated equally and become the exclusive property of Creative Goods and will not be acknowledged or returned to the entrant. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and terminate eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes by any entrant who violates these Official Sweepstakes Rules or interfere in any manner with the Sweepstakes. Mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate entries are void.
- PRIZES: One (1) winning entrant (“Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing by a representative of Creative Goods on or about February 29, 2024, and the last day of the month for each month thereafter through June 30, 2024, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winner is required to prove eligibility. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The Winner will be selected and will receive various merchandise items from the & Juliet line. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $200. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Merchandise cannot be returned for cash. No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted. Sponsor, at their sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an element of the prize package has been discontinued; or due to any other reason listed in the Official Sweepstakes Rules herein. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, local taxes, fees, tips, and other purchases, payments, costs, charges, expenses, and surcharges not specifically mentioned in the Official Sweepstakes Rules and/or incurred by the Winner on any prize received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner (“Winner”) will be notified solely by the email listed on the eligible entry. Sponsor will attempt three (3) attempts to contact a Winner within a five (5) business day period on or about March 1, 2024 and the first of the month thereafter through July 1, 2024. If a Winner fails to respond within the five (5) business day period of the first e-mail to the Winner; if Sponsor’s e-mail attempts to contact a Winner is consistently returned as undeliverable; or if the selected Winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason due to non-compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining non-winning entries. All Entrants are responsible for notifying Sponsor of changes in e-mail addresses. Prizes may not be substituted or transferred except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value as stated herein. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor to use each Winner’s name, hometown, prize won, voice, image, and likeness in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission.
- TERMS: Sponsor, service providers, and its agencies shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, unintelligible entries, or for any other problems, errors, or malfunctions related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether mechanical, printing, typographical, human, or otherwise; (b) telephone-mail, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer failures of any kind; or (c) failed, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages. If the administration or integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised or corrupted at any time, or the Winner is ineligible, the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternative Winner or modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to: (i) comply with these Official Sweepstakes Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (ii) release and hold harmless Sponsor, service providers, and its agencies from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes; from the acceptance, use, or misuse of the prize awarded; acceptance, use of, or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, or inability to use any prize, including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
Winners also release the Sponsor and any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance, use of, inability to use, participate in, inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, or use of or inability to use any prize, including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors, prevented, impeded or hindered due to events, or force majeure events, including, but not limited to the following: federal, state, or local regulations, Executive Orders, statutes or other political reasons, epidemic or pandemic, health or personal safety concerns, unforeseen events, unavailability of products due to supply, or Acts of God, natural or weather disasters, labor strikes, war, insurrection, terrorist attacks, inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible for Sponsor or Winners to perform; or if this Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, becomes corrupted, or if tampering, unauthorized intervention, or any other causes, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. If cancelled, Sponsor will use best efforts to notify the Winner(s) or entrants regarding the status of the Sweepstakes, including postponement, cancellation, and reserve the right to conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received for the applicable drawing prior to such cancellation. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CIVIL AND CRIMINAL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHTS TO SEEK ANY AND ALL AVAILABLE REMEDIES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES, FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Sweepstakes Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner and terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate entries are void.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release from liability and completed IRS W-9 form. Failure to do so within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such documents will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a Winner’s consent to the use by the Sponsor of his/her name, address (city and state only), voice, and/or photograph for commercial, advertising, and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By registering to enter the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Sweepstakes Rules. The laws of the State of New York apply to and govern this Sweepstakes, and any claims must be raised and resolved in the State of New York.
THESE RULES CANNOT BE MODIFIED OR AMENDED IN ANY WAY EXCEPT IN A WRITTEN DOCUMENT ISSUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW BY A DULY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY SPONSOR. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CORRECT CLERICAL OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL AND THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
- WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the name of the winner for any given month, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Creative Goods, & JULIET Monthly Sweepstakes, 213 W. 40th St, 6th Fl. New York, NY 10018, requesting the name of the winner. Requests must be received no later than 11:59PM EST on the 15th of the month that follows the month in which the winner was selected. Requests received after the 15th of the month for the prior month’s winner, will not be honored.
- Sponsor’s use of any names, titles, and trademark of individuals, groups, companies, products, and/or services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos, and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. Sponsor’s mention or reference to any individual, group or company, including, but not limited to, & JULIET, or the inclusion of a product or service as the Prize, does not imply any affiliation, sponsorship, association with, or endorsement by such individual, group, or company, or the owner, writer, creator, manufacturer, or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Creative Goods, 213 W. 40th St, 6th Fl. New York, NY 10018.